Since my office moved out of the city centre, I tend more to hang out in places a bit decentred as I find too stressful go through all the road works and the traffic, not to mention the huge parking issues – ever tried finding a spot over week-ends?
Moreover, compared to years ago, some neighbourhoods, that used to be dark and quiet over the evening, have seen several new places openings and are pretty animated even after working hours. The most evident example is Kirchberg, where, thanks to new offices, more and more restaurants and bars have open in the last year.
So – it has been a long time since I wanted to try Kennedy Brasserie – Restaurant, located in the new premises of E&Y offices, on avenue J.F. Kennedy.
I see many pictures on Instagram and Facebook and I heard very different feedbacks, so yesterday finally it was the time to check this place.
First – please note there are works currently on the side of the street where all the restaurants and bars are, so the easiest solution is to park for free on the other side of the avenue.
I got at Kennedy around 7 pm with Patricia and we were immediately amazed by the ambience. The place is one of the best for design I have seen in Luxembourg recently. You can immediately spot a sophisticated attention to details – starting from the fresh flowers on all the tables and the immaculate cloths.
Unfortunately the place was totally empty – there was just a table occupied in the bar area where we were accompanied. We asked to stay on the couches but the waitress pointed out that if we were only two, we had to be on a smaller table. Fair enough, but maybe too much considering the place was completely empty at 7 pm?
We had couple of drinks and an aperitif platter, we spent really pleasant time and when we left couple of hours later, there were only few visitors more during our stay. I had Bloody Mary all over the night while Patricia had champagne, that we accompanied with a cheese board.
Find some pictures of our night followed by my usual impressions.
Things I loved about Kennedy:
- I love the location, really. For atmosphere, it might easily become my favourite place in Luxembourg. Both the restaurant and the bar area are really refined and there is a perfect attention to details. During summer, the terrace would be really nice for a drink after-work.
- The selection of drinks is wide and well priced – cocktails are around 12 euro and wine glasses start from 6 euro. Several offers also for digestifs and bottles. My cocktail was really well executed and the glass of champagne was as well correct.
- Concerning the after-work platter selection, there is a nice choice. With the drinks, you are only offered some nuts, so it is clear you might want to have something on side. We went for the cheese board – 9,5 Euro – that was very well presented, with a good and particular options (nothing commercial) and was in a good quantity for two people, accompanied with some olives bread. You can even have only olives and bread for a small 5 euro or move to caviar and oysters for a pricey after-work.
- Except for the issue of the table choice at the beginning, service was very fine.
Things I liked a bit less about Kennedy:
- As said, we had a pleasant evening. We liked very much the place, the drinks and the food. We noted anyway only a very small issue on our side: service was terribly slow. Drinks and food – that was a cheese platter, so indeed not too complicated to prepare – took ages to come. While in the particular situation of yesterday this did not bother us very much, we wonder how this will be when the place will be fully booked.
- Coming from the first point, it was very sad to sit down in a place totally empty. We wanted to have a relaxed chat so for us it was not a big deal, but I think I will be shy to bring there some other friends who might complain about the lack of social atmosphere.
In conclusion: I liked the after-work at Kennedy Brasserie – Restaurant very much. I loved the ambience and I would definitely come back to try the restaurant. Refined location, attention to details, good choice for food and drinks made it for me the best place for a girls night, a drink with a client or couples’ dinner. Really hope I will find more people there when I will come back.
3 thoughts on “After-work drink at Kennedy Brasserie – Restaurant, Luxembourg”
The cheese platter looks so tempting!
LikeLiked by 1 person
I was here too for dinner and love it. Next time for apero then!!:)) cheeeese ❤
LikeLiked by 1 person
Oh great! I will then try the dinner asap!