While organizing my agenda with the events to attend during next week in Luxembourg, I came across the MixinLux afterwork that will be held at Jakob’s next Thursday 23rd July.
If you follow my blog since the beginning, you know I am pretty much a fan of afterwork drinks: they give the opportunity to break your weekly routine, often an informal way for networking and discovering new places and make new friends out of your circle.
Since I arrived in Luxembourg, almost nine years ago, more and more organizations for “afterwork business” were created so I decided to have a chat with Zach and Mariano, who are the founders of MixinLux, before deciding to attend, in order to understand what differentiate their afterworks from the others in Luxembourg.
Zach and Mariano explained me that MixinLux aims to gather young professionals, expats and new comers around in a same place, after work, with nice music and few drinks. The main underlying idea is to meet friends, friends of friends, colleagues we heard about but never had a chance to talk with … in order to widen the network or just simply being introduced to other people working in different areas – fed up of discussing always the same working topics even after work anyone? 🙂
When I asked them why MixinLux should be different from the other after work groups, they gave me four specific reasons:
- For them, good music is essential for a great party. For this reason, MixinLux has four resident DJs playing during their afterwork. Two of them are playing from 6.30pm until 10.30-11pm, the kind of music you need to chill-out and create a bit of atmosphere. The second two start playing around 11pm, only vinyl records, when people are ready to dance.
- For every event, MixinLux tries to find a new idea to mix people, in order to prevent groups from staying all together during the entire night – and for the after work of the next Thursday, they have already some surprises ready.
- MixinLux afterworks propose finger food and special cocktails.
- There is a gopro hidden somewhere during their afterworks taking a picture every 10 seconds, and make a time-lapse with it.
MixinLux association has been created in April 2015 and has already held two events:
- Aperiteca, in Apoteca, April 9: 250 people
- Aperikki, IKKI Bar, June 4: 420 people
As said, next one will be held at Jakob’s in Clausen next Thursday. Joining MixinLux event is totally free.
Find more information on MixinLux association and next events on their FB page – some pictures of last IKKI event are following as well: