On Tuesday night, hubby and I decided to have a quick dinner out after having been at the avant-premiere of Spectre movie at Utopolis.
Considering we were already in the area, we decided to call JFK Bar & Kitchen to check if it was still possible having some food there – it was 9.30 pm.
After a short waiting on the phone, the waiter asked us to come as soon as possible – and so we did. I was pretty curios to try JFK Bar & Kitchen, as it is part of the Manso group, and you know already I am a big fan of the food at Limbo restoclub from previous review.
Unfortunately our experience at JFK Bar & Kitchen was less than impressive.
I had a strawberry caipirinha, while hubby had a glass of Cabernet, and opted from something from the meat list: secreto for me (pork filet) and iberico pluma for hubby.
After the pictures of our dinner, you will find more reasons because we were not satisfied.
Things I liked about JFK Bar & Kitchen:
– The location and the concept are great: an informal restaurant, with pub style, big windows and really refined details, something totally new in the area and I think in whole city.
– The menu is various and they have great choice of cocktails.
Things I did not like about JFK Bar & Kitchen (unfortunately pretty longer list this time):
– The room was icy-cold. The back door was open – and blocked, so impossibly to close – and the front door was keeping opening and closing due to people going in and out and smoking. I was feeling seriously uncomfortable.
– Service was horrible. If you are telling me I can have dinner even if it is a bit late, I expect I can have a proper dinner – not that you are coming to order 2 seconds after giving me the menu and you are taking my dishes off as soon as my fork is down. The waiter came to our table couple of times while I was still eating to see if he could take the dishes away – don’t you see I am still eating? I was feeling really under pressure and observed.
– Food was miserable. You could barely distinguish between hubby’s and my dish, the presentation was very poor and you would definitely expect more for a 25 Euro dish in a gastropub. They state on their website quality isn’t cheap, but honestly I did not see any quality there. We went for a dessert as we were still hungry – my brownie was frozen, still cold inside, and very sugary. Hubby’s cheesecake could be barely described as a cheesecake – a humid biscuit with some cream cheese.
– Bill is not from a gastropub – glass of wine, two drinks, two mains, two desserts were almost 100 euro – and the waiter also forgot one drink in the count, I have to remind it to him.
I am really sorry for our experience and even if I like very much the restaurant settings I don’t think I will come back to JFK any time soon.