After having followed the restructuring work and opening preparation on FB, Matteo and I decided to give a try to Snooze, a new sport bar that opened last week in rue Philippe II.
We booked a table – highly recommended, only 46 places so far – for the first Friday they were open and we had a casual dinner with beer and burger. After the pictures of our evening, you will find my usual impressions about the night….
Things I loved about Snooze:
– Finally a fresh, young and brand new place. Something totally different compared to what you could have seen so far in the city center. Professional customers, kids from school and couples on date mixed in the same, cute place. Bravo!
– Good choice of burgers. I had a Spicy Mexican and Matteo a Classic Cheeseburger. The portions are huge and the buns are the best burger buns I had in town – not those that are disintegrating after two bites. Fair choice of sides as well – and you can trade your usual fries for twisters, onion rings, wedges. Similarly, wide choice for vegetarian and healthy food lovers.
– Perfect drink cards. Several draft beers and more even bottled. Gin, rum, tequila, including some specialty at a really fair price compared to other city center venues. Worth for a quick drink and snack after-work and not just for a proper dinner.
– Huge TV-screen for sport events. I cannot wait to come here for some great tennis matches, you owe me already 🙂
Things I loved a bit less:
– From a place called Beer and Burgers, I would have expected some stronger tastes – I am not here for gastronomic cuisine, darling! My Spicy Mexican burger was good, but not as I expected. If you call a burger “spicy”, it should be spicy, not a mild girly flavor.
– There was some (a lot) confusions: tables next to us received twice the wrong order and also our sauces were mixed. But I think is somehow normal being the first evening they were open and this is not worrying me too much.
Therefore I will definitely give Snooze another chance for food (that was nice anyway but not outstanding) and I strongly recommend it for drinks and for the nice environment. So far so good.
5 thoughts on “A new beer and burgers place: Snooze, Luxembourg city”
I am going there later this week! Curious to find out what it’s like.
I’m going to give it a try tomorrow,very looking forward to it 🙂
LikeLiked by 1 person
Let me know what you think about it after trying!