So last week finally Pablo and I got a chance to try Palazzo Italia, a huge and bit kitch Italian restaurant that opened some times ago on a Place de Paris corner, in the Station district.
The menu is simple but various: salads, pasta, pizza and some main courses. Prices are relatively fair for the area (salads around 16 euro, pizza 13 euro, pasta 15 to 20 euro), except for chef suggestions, that looks delicious but are on the expensive side (28 euro for a dish of pasta with Italian sausage, really?)
– Lovely service: the lady who welcomed and served us was extremely nice.
– The pizza dough was very good, thin but crunchy.
– As said, relatively fair prices for the area and the kind of restaurant.
Things I liked a bit less about Palazzo Italia:
– The cheese on my pizza was far from being mozzarella. It was, I believe, one of those prepared mix for pizza with cheesy taste. Don’t like.
– Tables are very close one to the other and the place tends to be noisy. Fine for lunch, not well for dinner.
So – our lunch was pleasant and I will definitely come back to Palazzo Italia for a relaxed lunch. I will not consider anyway for a dinner date as I prefer something a bit more sophisticated and calm – based on my standards..