I am currently enjoying a short week at the beach, at my parents’ place, before a well-deserved vacation abroad – it is since our Mexican honey moon last year we are not taking a proper vacation!
In the meanwhile, I was putting my pictures in order and I found out I never talked about a place we really enjoyed, Le Grec restaurant in Luxembourg. Hubby is not a great fan of exotic cuisine, but this is one of the only places he visits with pleasure.
Things I love about this restaurant :
- The friendly environment – after being there couple of times, it was like having dinner at a relative’s place. The owner is very funny and you could start a dinner at 9 pm and leave at 1 am – in my language we say: leaving on the knees, you know what I mean 🙂
- The great food and the giant portions – this is definitely a place for big appetite as portions are huge. But the choice is very wide – they have fish, meat and veggie platters, so you can either mix and share different dishes as we usually do. My personal favorites are the Atherina fish as starter and the Gyros as main (onion alert!).
- The quality/price – compared to other similar places I have been, Le Grec is definitely not very expensive.
- The restrooms. It might be a strange thing, but I am in love with the restrooms of this place!
Things I loved a little less:
- The atmosphere is really familiar – so not recommended for a posh night or a date. But definitely the place to go with friends for a funny night out! Don’t exceed with the raki as I usually do :))