After I posted my article related to food delivery last week, I was contacted by Michelle – this lovely girl who is one of the persons behind Foodbox.lu, a very innovative delivery service that was launched recently.
The idea of Foodboox.lu is to deliver your meal – yes – but still to be composed. You have all the ingredients for the recipe you ordered but it is up to you to prepare it.
Said like that it might appear a bit complicated, but I discovered it is not.
You can create your account on the website in few second and you go into the menu section: you can choose among several recipes, from starters to dessert, from light meals to gourmet choices, from meat to vegetarian. Or, if you are lazy, boxes with combinations of different recipes are available.
The box arrived well packed: all the ingredients are easy recognizable and individually packed – meat and cheese were specifically sous-vide.
See some pictures of my Foodbox.lu meal preparation (I still miss to try the tarte flambé but I couldn’t wait to share it with you!) and find my impressions of this new service.
Things I loved about foodbox.lu:
- Recipes are very easy to prepare even if you are not a chef. You can select them on the website based on the skills requested and on the time you have available.
- Ingredients you receive are very high quality – meat was definitely better than the one I had in most of the supermarkets I shopped in Luxembourg.
- Recipes are great and various – the coconut lentil soup was amazing and convinced also my husband who normally is very skeptic in regards of fusion dishes.
- Prices are very fair – 24 euro for the Easy Box with 4 recipes is less than a meal at the restaurant or a greasy take-away.
Things I liked a bit less about foodbox.lu:
- Actually almost nothing. I was positively surprised. Indeed, when you receive your delivery, you need to log in to your account and download the recipes. I would have loved to have the recipes already printed in the box – yes, I am very lazy.
But I will definitely order again and use the service more often.
I would recommend Foodbox.lu: If you, like me tend. to overbuy at the supermarket – you have exactly the quantity to prepare your portion – or more – without fuss. If you want to try new recipes and you are attentive to quality of the products and selections of ingredients. If you want to cook for some friends but you are afraid to do a mess. If you want to plan your weekly meals.
If you want to try some of the Foodbox.lu recipes for free, pass at Dean in Clausen tonight starting from 7 pm for the event Foodbox.lu launch. I will also be there!